We’re only humans and it happens to everyone. You either find yourself dreading going to your workout or you haven’t been for a few weeks. If this is you right now don’t stress because you’ll be back breaking a sweat and on the fitness bandwagon in no time.
1. Try something completely new – If you do the same exercise day in day out you will get bored. Add a little flavour to your workout or get off the couch and try something that you might not usually do or in your own head you think you can’t do or won’t be good at. A lot of people say they don’t like spin or they don’t want to lift weights – two things we now love at TL HQ.
2. Get a workout wingman – Workouts are always easier if you’re doing it with a friend. They hold you accountable so you have to show up and it’s a great way to catch up with friends instead of going out and drinking..or do both. Grab a friend and sign up for a new class – killing two birds with one stone.
3. Start with your diet – If you’re in a rut it’s all about taking the small steps. Look at your diet and see what habits might be breaking you. Love a snack after dinner? Cut that to only a few times a week, add in more vegetables into your meals and up your clean, lean proteins and you will be feeling better in no time.
4. Small goals – Really in a rut? Haven’t worked out in a long time? No stress. The first step is acknowledging that and that you want to change it up. Don’t go all in at once though because you’re setting yourself up for failure and a lot of muscle soreness. Start small. Add in a few workouts in the first week and once you start to get the ball rolling you will be feeling good in no time.
5. Hook yourself up with some new gear – What is more motivating then buying some new workout clothes? Sorry but not sorry, hook yourself up with some new TL. Once it arrives get up off the couch and take your new gear out for a test run. You will be breaking your rut and breaking a sweat in style.
TL + TEAM X