Epic back bends not only look impressive but you when you nail them they feel amazing. Here’s our trips and tricks on how to bend like a pro and nail camel pose.
Camel pose opens you up all the way from the hips, shoulders, chest and throat and at the same time strengthens the spine. People tend to be a lil scared of backbends but let it go and just trust yourself – trust your own strength. Y’all got this.
- Knees hip width apart and top of the feet flat on the ground – press down into the ground with your knees and shins and turn on quad muscles.
- Place palms of the hands on the back of your hips – Inhale and lengthen your spine long and on the exhale push hips as far forward as you can.
- Lift heart and chest up to the sky, slide your shoulder blades down your back and let your head go backwards slowly (press tongue against roof of your mouth)
- Slowly one hand at a time grab your heels and pull firmly on your heels.
- Continually on an inhale lift chest up to the sky and on the exhale pull on heels, push hips forward and let your head go back further – see how far you can look back. Boom.
Did you know: This posture is a killer heart opener? It often leads to dramatic emotional displays, from giggling to sobbing. So don’t freak out, its all a part of your yogi journey.
Enjoy bending backwards. Sweat, eat and laugh.