Time poor? People often come to us asking how they can find some extra time to squeeze in some exercise daily. So we sat down and thought how we manage to fit in exercise into our daily routines and came up with 6 tips to get you moving.
- Make exercise a priority – We know we function better and are much nicer people to deal with in the day if we’ve managed to get up early and exercise before the work day even begins.
- Sunday night diary – Pencil it in. Sunday nights we plan our exercise schedule for the week – book into whatever classes we want to do and so on. It’s like making a meeting with yourself that you can’t miss. Plus most classes are $20 these days so you don’t want to be missing too many!
- Lay it out and ready – The evening before lay all your exercise gear out so all you have to do is roll out of bed, throw it on and get out the door.
- Wake up earlier – Set your alarm for 30 minutes earlier. Either get up and get exercising straight away (our favourite thing to do) or head to a workout class near your work that you can get it done, have a shower and you’re done.
- Do it with a friend – Whether it’s going for a walk, going to a class or a quick HIIT session doing it with your friend is always more fun. Plus it’s a great way of holding each other accountable. You kind of feel bad if you bail.
- Something is better than nothing – Whether it’s a 20-minute walk or a super quick HIIT session something to get the heart racing and blood pumping is better than nothing. Plus you will feel so much more alert with the extra blood flow to the brain and your metabolism will get that extra kick in the morning. Check out one of our super quick HIIT sessions here.
There is always time for exercise you just have to make it a priority. It’s your health your happiness. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen and others make it happen.
TL + TEAM X